Emergency Medicine Class Matching in 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I want to play either Skyrim or Space Pirates and Zombies. But anything will do. I just need to do some computer surgery.

And I want to go to for some retail therapy at any local electronics store. But that's another story.

Members don't see this ad.

I vote for Sid Meier's "Pirates!" (Xbox incarnation)

I had the original back on my APPLE IIgs (which should tell you how old I am). It was incredible then as a strategy game, and the updated graphics/cutscenes etc just make it more fun.

Totally gonna play it tonite when I get home.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to play either Skyrim or Space Pirates and Zombies. But anything will do. I just need to do some computer surgery.

And I want to go to for some retail therapy at any local electronics store. But that's another story.

Skyrim is pretty awesome, but my computer is too slow to enjoy it. Going to get a new computer soon as match day hits and I know I am safely matched someplace.

Ahh ya I read about that guy's game. Craziness. Nothing but pollution and nuclear fallout everywhere.

Three supernations, locked in an eternal, unwinnable war. Internal factions (guerillas) frustrating the effort.

"But Eurasia has always been at war with Eastasia!"

I vote for Sid Meier's "Pirates!" (Xbox incarnation)

I had the original back on my APPLE IIgs (which should tell you how old I am). It was incredible then as a strategy game, and the updated graphics/cutscenes etc just make it more fun.

Totally gonna play it tonite when I get home.

That is an excellent game. It's so excellent, that I may just pull my XBox out of storage right now...

Three supernations, locked in an eternal, unwinnable war. Internal factions (guerillas) frustrating the effort.

"But Eurasia has always been at war with Eastasia!"

:laugh: That's awesome.

Where are my FPS peeps? I'm still playing Battlefield 3 a bunch... guess this weekend is as good a time as any to go back to CoD:MW3 or Black Ops 2 for awhile.

Battlefield 4 beta this fall. Pretty excited.

Members don't see this ad :)
sierranevada6b.jpg

I burned out on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in undergrad. I wish that i didn't; its so good.

but now, all I gotta do is look at the packaging and I think "zomg heartburn".

'Natty Light. FTR.

Maybe Milwaukee's Beast as a close second.

MOAR video game talk, please.

Any other people out there that are serious "pinball" devotees ? Probably not; but pinball is a true game of physics manipulation/skill. There's nothing better than a real table and a silver ball.

Any other people out there that are serious "pinball" devotees ? Probably not; but pinball is a true game of physics manipulation/skill. There's nothing better than a real table and a silver ball.

Not sure if I'm a devotee, but I do love me some pinball. My all time favorite has to be Medieval Madness. I eagerly await the day I can afford a couple machines.

Not sure if I'm a devotee, but I do love me some pinball. My all time favorite has to be Medieval Madness. I eagerly await the day I can afford a couple machines.

Medieval Madness is regarded by many to be THE best game since the late 90s.

Medieval Madness is regarded by many to be THE best game since the late 90s.

Wow, I didn't realize it was so popular. They had it as a pool hall my friend worked at and I would play it every time we went.

Fantastic game. Great system, large colorful characters, a plentitude of weapons/armor/gear.

Sequel, please (and don't say Chrono Cross was a sequel. It was great, too - but it was not a sequel).

I agree with you. Chrono Cross doesn't count as a sequel. I miss the good old days of gaming.

The funny thing is I tried to explain the storyline of Chrono Trigger to someone the other day and they thought I was crazy for liking it.

I've discovered that Japanese-style "RPG"s don't really do it for me anymore. The stories are often nifty and convoluted, but there's really only one way to play them and it often didn't feel like that much skill. (Although I beat Chrono trigger and I think the opera house scene from Final Fantasy III/VI is one of the greatest things ever to be in a game)

I tend more towards 4X style games these days.

While I'm sure the ladies on this forum don't mind the Brad Pitt Chanel No. 5 countdown reference, can I please make a request for a sweet Final Four reference of some sort tomorrow? I'm sure some of you can find some pretty unique/obscure images. Tis the season.

Thanks in advance!

8 bit NES had an awesome pinball game. I used to spend hours playing it.

Anyone else a big turn-based strategy fan?

Civilization, XCOM (old school, can't wait for the new mac version to come out), and Panzer General are probably my three favorite games.

Quakelive is the best first person shooter and it's free on the computer. Quakelive.com.

Anyone else a big turn-based strategy fan?

Civilization, XCOM (old school, can't wait for the new mac version to come out), and Panzer General are probably my three favorite games.

I love TBS games. Even more if they're 4X (expand, explore, exploit, exterminate) like CIV.

If we're talking old school PC games, then I gotta say The Command and Conquer series rates as some of the best games ever made. Love the original but especially love Red Alert 2. Generals was fun for what it was but like RA2 more.

Also for old school games, Age of Empires 2 is probably one of the greatest games ever made.

4X is fun, but sometimes I just want tactics. XCOM is the best.

You guys are killing me with this video game talk, haha. I have hardly played a video game since Super Mario Bros on SNES.

How about this?

Attachments

• 4-hour-work-week.jpg
    4-hour-work-week.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 47
dammit. Just got beat. And did it wrong, too.

There's room for all kinds of "fours"

tumblr_ln7go0W9lO1qlh19no1_400.jpg

This is how I'm going to feel until noon.

If we're talking old school PC games, then I gotta say The Command and Conquer series rates as some of the best games ever made. Love the original but especially love Red Alert 2. Generals was fun for what it was but like RA2 more.

Also for old school games, Age of Empires 2 is probably one of the greatest games ever made.

I hear they're re-releasing AOE2 with updated graphics.

I'm a few days late for the video game party chat.

But I ALSO had Pirates! on my Apple Macintosh Plus. My lord, that game is amazing. Black and white graphics, spent countless hours sailing the carribbean in that game. As I grew up, and my computer's evolved, I was heavily into Warcraft 1, even more into Warcraft 2, and ultimately played even more starcraft. Age of Empires 2 was unreal also once I finally got a PC in addition to a apple. Never got into the command conquer series, but know it was great.

In high school, I played a fair amount of Unreal Tournament and Counterstrike as my nerdiness took over. Sadly though, I had to play all the above games over a 56k modem. Can you imagine?