Emergency! Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smiths11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the exam tomorrow, and I just saw that our name on the MCAT has to match our ID EXACTLY. Well, I registered my full name on the MCAT, but my drivers license also has my middle initial which I didn't input into the AAMC, and it's too late to change that! Will I still be able to take the exam tomorrow?! Please help, I'm worried!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking the exam tomorrow, and I just saw that our name on the MCAT has to match our ID EXACTLY. Well, I registered my full name on the MCAT, but my drivers license also has my middle initial which I didn't input into the AAMC, and it's too late to change that! Will I still be able to take the exam tomorrow?! Please help, I'm worried!

I think you'll be okay. I'm assuming all your other forms of I.D have the initial as well?

Actually what it says is that your FIRST AND LAST names must match on your license. If you login to the MCAT portal where you register, go to the "Contact & Personal Info" screen. Above where it says your first, middle and last names, it says this: " Important: The names you enter in the First and Last name fields must match the names listed on the government-issued ID you bring with you on test day to verify your identity."

Since it doesn't say that it needs your full name then I would assume that they are OK if you have an initial on your license but not on your registration.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they ask it to match exactly so that Prometric can verify it. I'm not sure if they scan your ID, but when I took the MCAT, I just had to show it when I checked in. I wouldn't worry about it, unless there's something I don't know.

you'll be fine. Only your first and last name needs to match identically. Your middle name could be "MCAT Sucks" and you'll still be fine.

You'll be fine, AAMC says first and last name must be exact. Don't even bring it up to the staff.