EMG/neuromuscular fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runthebrain

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Haven't seen one of these in a while. Which programs have strong and well rounded fellowships in EMG/neuromuscular medicine? Would prefer 1 year with more years optional if desired after the first.

Members don't see this ad.

The programs which immediately come to mind are WashU and Mayo clinic. I'm not sure of it being 1 vs 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Agree with washU and Mayo. Columbia/Cornell at NY Pres (two separate programs), Hopkins, Harvard, UCSF, Duke, Cleveland Clinic OH, Case Western.

There are many good ones but those are some of the best in my opinion. I base this from personal experience (I'll be a neuromuscular fellow next year and did a lot of homework) and on the scope of their training (they had to offer EMG with peripheral nerve ultrasound, Botox and biopsy/path with autonomic and EP exposure to make the list).

These are 1 yr spots with an option to add/apply for a second year if desired. Mayo has three distinct years but you could probably just do the EMG year (the other two years are "Muscle" and "Nerve".

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Any thoughts on Northwestern program? I want to stay in Chicago if possible.

Also, how tough are the places you mentioned to get offers?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile