Emory and MCG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McBarrio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow applicants:
Has anyone heard about interviews from Emory or MCG yet? I know Morehouse and Mercer are actively interviewing this month but I have yet to hear anything from Emory or MCG yet. I am very patient but I might make a commitment to another school by the time Emory and MCG make up their mind about me.

Members don't see this ad.

Why not wait until the interview season actually ends to make a full commitment? I'd say just accept the offer to the school and see what happens with Emory/MCG. You can hold multiple acceptances until May.

Emory is definitely interviewing right now, but like all schools, the wait time can be pretty variable and no one gets rejected until March or something late in the season as they constantly are reviewing and rereviewing apps.

Hello fellow applicants:
Has anyone heard about interviews from Emory or MCG yet? I know Morehouse and Mercer are actively interviewing this month but I have yet to hear anything from Emory or MCG yet. I am very patient but I might make a commitment to another school by the time Emory and MCG make up their mind about me.

This is definitely good advice. However, most schools give you a period of 2 -3 weeks after the offer of acceptance to either accept or decline. I know almost for certain that considering the few prospects I have now and my need to start next year, any schools that take as long as March will be out of question for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is definitely good advice. However, most schools give you a period of 2 -3 weeks after the offer of acceptance to either accept or decline. I know almost for certain that considering the few prospects I have now and my need to start next year, any schools that take as long as March will be out of question for me.

Just accept their offer and send whatever deposit they want. They'll hold your spot until may 15 at which point you can drop your acceptance (and lose the deposit) if you've gotten into Emory. It's perfectly ethical, and most schools expect you to do it.

Just accept their offer and send whatever deposit they want. They'll hold your spot until may 15 at which point you can drop your acceptance (and lose the deposit) if you've gotten into Emory. It's perfectly ethical, and most schools expect you to do it.

but expensive! my one acceptance wants 1500 to hold a seat...wtf? $1500!

Thanks very much for all the replies; but do you know of anybody that has interviewed with Emory or MCG yet as of today Nov. 11/08/2010?

MCG is definitely interviewing and has been since mid October.

Thanks very much for all the replies; but do you know of anybody that has interviewed with Emory or MCG yet as of today Nov. 11/08/2010?

Emory has also been interviewing since Oct. I was there mid Oct.

Is this a MD school?!?! That sounds ridiculous, most schools its like $100.

To the OP, just wait until you get interviews and pay the deposits to hold your seats. You can do so until May 15th, by then you need to withdraw all your acceptances. Schools expect you to do this, they don't require you to only have 1 acceptance at any point between now and May 15th. It is only after May 15th.

but expensive! my one acceptance wants 1500 to hold a seat...wtf? $1500!

I can confirm Emory is interviewing.

One of the attendings I shadow is at Emory and he is one of the interviewers.

I can confirm Emory is interviewing.

One of the attendings I shadow is at Emory and he is one of the interviewers.

Is everybody else just trying not to think about interviews and working a full time job to try to make money before med school? Raise your hand if the wait is driving you crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.