SRQGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2004
Status
Has anyone received an acceptance letter this week?? They were supposed to send out the next round of acceptances on Monday!!

pbehzad

Faddayy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2002
Atl and soon to be OKC
Status
SRQGirl said:
Has anyone received an acceptance letter this week?? They were supposed to send out the next round of acceptances on Monday!!
Monday was president's day so the post office was closed. I started a thread a few days ago about the new batch of acceptnaces and someone mentioned that they received a phone call from the Dean last Friday saying they had been accepted. However, I don't know if they do that for all accepted students or not (I hope not, cause then I didnt receive the thick envelope). I go to Emory for undergrad, and I'm going to ask a couple friends who were accepted to see if they received a phone call from the Dean telling them they got in. I'm thinking with snail mail and all, we will hear most likely tomorrow or saturday. Otherwise we have one more shot (March 7th).

When did you interview at Emory? I interviewed on Jan. 31st.

Good luck.

rme04

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
the other side of the tracks
Status
Medical Student
im eagerly waiting to hear from emory, as well. I interviewed on Jan 24th, so Im thinking that this will be my first shot at a letter. I didn't receive a phone call, so I hope thats not a sign.

DrBoo

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
pbehzad said:
Monday was president's day so the post office was closed. I started a thread a few days ago about the new batch of acceptnaces and someone mentioned that they received a phone call from the Dean last Friday saying they had been accepted. However, I don't know if they do that for all accepted students or not (I hope not, cause then I didnt receive the thick envelope). I go to Emory for undergrad, and I'm going to ask a couple friends who were accepted to see if they received a phone call from the Dean telling them they got in. I'm thinking with snail mail and all, we will hear most likely tomorrow or saturday. Otherwise we have one more shot (March 7th).

When did you interview at Emory? I interviewed on Jan. 31st.

Good luck.
i was accepted back in nov. and never got a phone call. hope that helps :)

VFrank

Wildcat
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2004
Status
I was accepted during the last cycle and and didn't get a phone call. Also, the letter didn't arrive until February 6th (to Chicago) even though it was theoretically send out on the 31st. So I wouldn't be too worried if you haven't gotten one yet -- just wait a few days.

bidster

15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
rme04 said:
im eagerly waiting to hear from emory, as well. I interviewed on Jan 24th, so Im thinking that this will be my first shot at a letter. I didn't receive a phone call, so I hope thats not a sign.
It probably isn't any sign at all....I don't think a majority of people receive phone calls.

ballinsncbirth

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Status
i had my interview the 14 of febuary on monday and got a call of acceptance that thursday .... (YEAH I WAS SUPRISED IT WAS SO FAST TOO!!!!!) just got the letter in yesterday............

freaker

10+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2004
Status
Congrats, dudette!

That has to feel awesome. I'll come out of some of my interviews remembering all those jobs where I was offered the job right there on the spot and wishing that could be me again, where I could tell them, "Give me a day or two to get back to you on that."

Is Emory your top choice?

And alas, I have also been waiting (less than) patiently.

EDIT: Just saw you were accepted into Baylor. Double congrats. You still think you're Texas-bound?

OP
S

SRQGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2004
Status
anybody else receive any letters from this round?

beep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
ballinsncbirth said:
i had my interview the 14 of febuary on monday and got a call of acceptance that thursday .... (YEAH I WAS SUPRISED IT WAS SO FAST TOO!!!!!) just got the letter in yesterday............
when was the letter sent?

cmizzy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2004
Status
rme04 said:
am i correct that the next round of acceptances was mailed out yesterday?

March 7?
Something was said in another thread about a missed phone call last friday, but I haven't heard anything else

Tigger27

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
SRQGirl said:
I interviewed on Jan 31 and got an acceptance letter on Feb 23..I live in Atlanta, so mail didn't take long. Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those waiting :luck: I never received a phone call, but it sounds like they do call some people...I don't know how they determine who to call. I did get a congrats email from one of my interviewers but it came a week or so after the letter.