Emory Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
taehong81 said:
So those who received grant money from Emory and are not going to attend, please withdraw as soon as possible! Thanks!!

HOly ****~ I got no grants!! All 54000 bucks in friggin LOANS!! OH MY... :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Those who received grant money and will not be attending Emory, please please please please please withdrawn as soon as possible :)

kwanny said:
HOly ****~ I got no grants!! All 54000 bucks in friggin LOANS!! OH MY... :eek:

does that mean you're going elsewhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my deferral approval today, so my 17k is back in the pot. I hope you guys get something.

exmike said:
does that mean you're going elsewhere?

Dude, I'm waiting to hear back from Case about the financial aid package. If they give me some money, I'll most likely go there.

kwanny said:
Dude, I'm waiting to hear back from Case about the financial aid package. If they give me some money, I'll most likely go there.

I got 47k in loans but had an 8k efc to make up the difference. Still, no grant money. Considering the cost of living in the clifton area vs downtown augusta and the 22k tutition difference/year up front, I'm going to have to go with mcg. The total difference in loans would likely be about 100k, and since Im not sure what field I want to go into, coming out of medical school with a lower debt load will offer more options. Plus, MCG typically has plenty of rads, ent, ortho, orto, opto meatches and even 3-4 derm so years. Work hard and mcg and you'll get a great residenct spot. It's really no more a 'primary care school' than emory.

Plus there is the COL fractor in augusta vs. atlanta. Augusta has amazingly cheap apartments relative to the clairemont arrea of atlanta, so this only manginfies the total difference.

I can't say that going to emory or MCG is a bad decision. It just depends on what city you want to be in and there is a lot more geograohical diversity at emory. I don't think you will "harm" you future career prospects in any way by going to any school, anf good luck to those next year going to both MCG and emory!!

Has anyone else decided if they are going to attend Emory this fall? Despite the financial aid, I am still going. Is anyone going to be at the housing weekend?

I have decided to attend Emory and will be there during the housing weekend. Maybe we should start a list of people who are attending Emory.

People who are attending Emory this fall:
taehong81

People who are attending Emory this fall:
taehong81
Burris

Yo, i need a roommate, taehong.

I decided to go to Emory. = )

kwanny said:
Yo, i need a roommate, taehong.

I decided to go to Emory. = )

aww we couldve been somethin kwanny.

Good luck at Emory!

LOL Mike. So Kwanny, the South is better than the Midwest huh?

Is anyone having difficulty signing on to the learnlink.emory.edu? Mine says that my id and password is invalid even though I can sign-in to opus with the same id and password.

CalBeE said:
LOL Mike. So Kwanny, the South is better than the Midwest huh?

Yo, it was a hard decision, man. I held on to two acceptances until today... both schools emailed me saying that they'll give me till today to narrow down to one schoo, or else, they have to right to rescind my acceptance letters, so i had to make my decision... relatively quickly... :oops:

taehong81 said:
Is anyone having difficulty signing on to the learnlink.emory.edu? Mine says that my id and password is invalid even though I can sign-in to opus with the same id and password.

I'm an undergrad at Emory and sometimes the system for some reason doesn't link your password to all the different servers. Try going here: https://pws.cc.emory.edu/cgi-bin/pwdchangen.pl and "maintaing your password." If that doesn't work, then I would call them. They're pretty helpful if you actually get to talk to someone.

kwanny said:
Yo, it was a hard decision, man. I held on to two acceptances until today... both schools emailed me saying that they'll give me till today to narrow down to one schoo, or else, they have to right to rescind my acceptance letters, so i had to make my decision... relatively quickly... :oops:
Good luck at LA and NYC schools though!

tulips said:
I'm an undergrad at Emory and sometimes the system for some reason doesn't link your password to all the different servers. Try going here: https://pws.cc.emory.edu/cgi-bin/pwdchangen.pl and "maintaing your password." If that doesn't work, then I would call them. They're pretty helpful if you actually get to talk to someone.

Thanks for the help tulips! i got it fixed now.

okay... has there been any WL movement at Emory yet????

I emailed today, and got back a one line reply that they have just now moved the to alternate list, in whatever capacity that means.