Emory, Columbia and Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kjbeni

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight into international health programs? I was admitted to the MHS/MS programs at JHU and Harvard and MPH programs at Columbia and Emory. I am leaning toward Emory for the MPH degree (I am not looking to continue on for a MD or PhD), affordability and location next to the CDC but am concerned as it has the lowest ranking of the 4 schools. I do still want good job opportunities and a rigorous education. Does anyone know how a masters from Emory is looked at in the public health field and if they have good alumni connections? Also what is the best way to get connected with the CDC to acquire an internship/workstudy job while going to school?

Any thoughts on the other schools??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I go to Emory and work at CDC. There are a lot of statistics about the percentage of epidemiologists at CDC that say there are more Emory graduates wroking at CDC then graduates from any other schools.

You should definately call Career Services at Emory http://www.sph.emory.edu/CAREER/index.php or talk to Suzanne Mason in the Global Health department. People get good jobs out of this campus...and I think the degree is more applied.

I chose Emory over Hopkins because I felt that I would be better prepared to work as a PH professional after talking to numerous profs at Hopkins (where I work). I also tend to think that Emory is the best in global health...it is an exceptionally international program....it seems to me (i'm graduating in May) that EVERYone is heading out of the country. I am , for one!