Emory environmental health vs tulane epidemiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RAJINDIA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys im really confused between EMORY MPH ENV HEALTH & TULANE MPH EPIDEMIOLOGY.

Being a doctor I have been exposed to both the fields and interested in both.
Now its time to decide....

Which field has got better job prospects in the US?

Is it worth to choose Tulane over Emory?

Members don't see this ad.

I can speak from personal experience of deciding between these two schools...and I can say it was a really tough decision.

However, the two programs you are looking at here are different, so first you should decide if you want to do Epi or Environmental Health.

For me the decision came down to Emory because I liked the fact that the program was two years in length and would give me plenty of time to take all the courses I wanted to take as well as do a GFE (global field experience) in the summer between the two years as a grad student. For me, the Tulane program seemed a little rushed. HOWEVER, if I were already a doctor like you then I probably would have made the opposite decision, I wanted to take the extra time at Emory to take additional courses, but since you are already a doctor you may not need a lot of that. Tulane is also a little bit less expensive (not a lot, but a few thousand dollars can go a long way when you aren't paying it back as a loan with interest).

This is going to be a decision that you will have to make for yourself based on your personal goals and desires. I don't think you would go wrong by choosing either school. Good luck!

I can speak from personal experience of deciding between these two schools...and I can say it was a really tough decision.

However, the two programs you are looking at here are different, so first you should decide if you want to do Epi or Environmental Health.

For me the decision came down to Emory because I liked the fact that the program was two years in length and would give me plenty of time to take all the courses I wanted to take as well as do a GFE (global field experience) in the summer between the two years as a grad student. For me, the Tulane program seemed a little rushed. HOWEVER, if I were already a doctor like you then I probably would have made the opposite decision, I wanted to take the extra time at Emory to take additional courses, but since you are already a doctor you may not need a lot of that. Tulane is also a little bit less expensive (not a lot, but a few thousand dollars can go a long way when you aren't paying it back as a loan with interest).

This is going to be a decision that you will have to make for yourself based on your personal goals and desires. I don't think you would go wrong by choosing either school. Good luck!

Thank you AWAPI......
I have an apartment in buckhead,atlanta....so i wont be spending on accommodation in Emory.Guess this money could go towards the extra tuition fee i gonna pay to Emory.

I want to know which field (EPI or EOH) has better job opportunities after MPH.Eventually i have to get a job and pay off the debts.