Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

emory vs. medical college of georgia

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by peachgirl, Feb 22, 2002.

1. peachgirl

peachgirl Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Anyone in the position of deciding between Emory University and Medical College of Georgia? I'm having a tough time choosing. Is it worth the $$ to go to Emory when the two schools are tied in primary care rank? (although Emory is ranked higher in research) Please post opinions.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. In a word: ___!!!!!!!!! (i'm sure you're bright enough to fill in the blank) :D

4. TechMan

TechMan Dreams Stuff are Made of.
    10+ Year Member

In another word, Emory.

5. NO.............................................YES!!!!!!

6. phd2b

phd2b Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well, do you want to do research? If not, go to MCG and save a load of cash...you'd probably end up at emory for residency anyway...

7. cm7b5

cm7b5 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Are you two guys brothers?? (Haha caveman)

8. Fluffy

Fluffy Member
    7+ Year Member

I got into both, and I say MCG over Emory.

9. Edward

Edward Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is it really wise to spend $100k extra based on some arbitrary ranking given by a non-medical magazine? Personally, I believe that almost ALL allopathic medical schools in the US prepare you adequately to go into any residency you want. It all matters how hard you really want to work. There is no doubt that Emory is a wonderful school, but so is MCG. There are probably more research ops. at Emory, but MCG has research too, if you are interested. I have heard that the competition at Emory will be more fierce. That can be good or bad. For me, I can't stand the "gunner" type, who will do anything to look better than the student next to him/her. I am a laid back person, willing to help anyone who has a problem. I think I will be able to learn better in a more laid back atmosphere, like the one at MCG. I was, at first, enamored with the Emory name, but that's all it is, a name. Then, I woke up.