canttouchthis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2005
Status
I interviewed in mid Feb and in the packet saw that there would be two mailings of acceptances on Feb 21st and March 7th. I haven't heard of anyone getting anything recently from them so should I assume that I am rejected/wait-listed or is it possible that they are just lagging? Also I know an email was sent out for 2nd look so I'm assuming they have given out all their non-wait list acceptances?

margerita

Medical student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2004
NYC
Status
Medical Student
I interviewed mid-feb. and just received an email yesterday informing me I was accepted with the info on their second visit weekend. They said they don't normally inform people they've been accepted via email but they wanted to give us time to schedule our trip to come if we wanted to attend their weekend in april.

tommerbommer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2004
Status
This is getting kind of ridiculous. I interviewed all the way back on Halloween weekend and haven't heard word one from them since. I have called a couple of times (but not for a month or two) to check whether or not they had come to a decision on my application, and they had not. I am certainly expecting the worst at this point, but at this point I'd just like to hear something...Has anyone received a waitlist or rejection from Emory recently? Or at all?

freaker

10+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2004
Status
tommerbommer said:
This is getting kind of ridiculous. I interviewed all the way back on Halloween weekend and haven't heard word one from them since. I have called a couple of times (but not for a month or two) to check whether or not they had come to a decision on my application, and they had not. I am certainly expecting the worst at this point, but at this point I'd just like to hear something...Has anyone received a waitlist or rejection from Emory recently? Or at all?
When you interviewed, they handed out a sheet that indicated that they wouldn't send out any info one way or the other until mid-March unless it was an acceptance letter. Basically, after you interview, you're going to be considered once a month through about this time in March.

The waitlist and rejections should come out soon enough.