Employment Impact...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KLMD44

Reaction score
Since my freshman year I have worked approximately 50hrs a week in a clinical leadership role at a healthcare facility. I am sitting at around 55 credits so far and have maintained a 4.0 (including completing 1/2 of my pre reqs)! I also have hundreds of volunteer hours both clinical and non-clinical in addition to 30+ shadowing hours. I would appreciate some insight as to how my employment would be viewed by adcoms?? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

A "clinical leadership role" as a freshman in college? Does not seem plausible. Do you also walk on water?
I got my CNA certification and was given the role of being in charge of the other CNA's at the facility after around 6 months. "Clinical Support Coordinator." I worked hard and expressed my interests to go to med school early on and the workers at the facility (the other CNA's) have not worked there as long as I have due to the fact that the facility is new, this is why I got the job! I am not THE BOSS but more like a shift lead of sorts.

Members don't see this ad :)
They’re going to look at it in a positive way. What else do you want to know?

For every unique experience that you have that sets you apart, other applicants have unique experiences that you won’t that sets them apart.

The quicker you learn that the only person that you’re competing against is yourself, the better off you’ll be.

Reactions: 1 users
Since my freshman year I have worked approximately 50hrs a week in a clinical leadership role at a healthcare facility. I am sitting at around 55 credits so far and have maintained a 4.0 (including completing 1/2 of my pre reqs)! I also have hundreds of volunteer hours both clinical and non-clinical in addition to 30+ shadowing hours. I would appreciate some insight as to how my employment would be viewed by adcoms?? Thanks.
try not to humble brag so hard next time, it's so obvious its cringy...

I understand what you mean but If you knew me and my circumstances you would think differently!
All I'm saying is if you want to ask how your employment will be viewed by adcoms, then just describe your employment. No need to talk about your 4.0 GPA and hundreds of volunteer hours. it's irrelevant to the topic and comes off as pompous

All I'm saying is if you want to ask how your employment will be viewed by adcoms, then just describe your employment. No need to talk about your 4.0 GPA and hundreds of volunteer hours. it's irrelevant to the topic and comes off as pompous
Cool