EMRA/ACEP Residency Fair

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrZuza

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone going to EMRA/ACEP residency fair? Anyone ever been to this event? Is it worth the money invested in far travel?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It is a good chance to talk to people from programs you are interested in a less threatening environment than on the interview trail. Unfortunately programs only invite their happiest cheerleader type of residents to go to these types of events, so you may not get a very balance view of the program.

Thanks a lot for the reply. You made a good point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Anyone going to EMRA/ACEP residency fair? Anyone ever been to this event? Is it worth the money invested in far travel?

Thanks

It can be worth it if you're an average candidate. Seeing your name come across the interview day list lets us know you're actually interested in the program.

Some programs keep track of who stopped by the ACEP booth; then those get some advantage when deciding who to pull from a wait list for an interview.

Hello,

Thanks
I went last yr as an MS4, got offered an interview while I was there chatting. also got offered a very late interview after I wrote a letter saying "remember when i met you at ACEP....". mostly it's a networking, info gathering event to meet residents, get a personal view on the programs from someone within. I enjoyed it plus stayed for the lectures (which are great), got tons of free swag, and took a week off to see boston in oct! have fun, see you there

the fair is only 2 hours though! How would it be possible to visit and chat with a good majority of the programs?

the fair is only 2 hours though! How would it be possible to visit and chat with a good majority of the programs?

A few quality interactions are better than a handshake and walking on.

Thanks for the info, everyone.

Maybe a silly question to that - what would be a dress code for this event? I wouldn't want to stick out like a sore thumb by going too far either way... I was thinking of slacks + nicer shirt + classy shoes???

Thanks for the info, everyone.

Maybe a silly question to that - what would be a dress code for this event? I wouldn't want to stick out like a sore thumb by going too far either way... I was thinking of slacks + nicer shirt + classy shoes???

You could go this route. Jeans and a polo are perfectly acceptable (as this is what a lot of the residents and PDs will be wearing).

Trust me, unless you're a 6'3" drop dead gorgeous redhead or a 3'6" ogor with 3 eyes and a tail, your appearance is not likely to be that memorable. :D

You could go this route. Jeans and a polo are perfectly acceptable (as this is what a lot of the residents and PDs will be wearing).

Trust me, unless you're a 6'3" drop dead gorgeous redhead or a 3'6" ogor with 3 eyes and a tail, your appearance is not likely to be that memorable. :D

Ufff.... I was hoping for such good news on a more relaxed "dress code".

I've never had my hair dyed red (or any other color for that matter :D), but I guess this is THE moment :laugh: ???

Anyone else made it to Vegas? :soexcited:

If so, see ya tomorrow... And nope... No red hair for me :p

I'm almost 6'5" and my mom says I'm handsome.