Emt-b

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wakedawg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am just a freshman at UGA right now, and I am looking to get certified as an EMT-B, does anyone know where I can do this near Athens or Atlanta, I really can't find a whole lot of programs for it.
Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

There should plenty of places. I would call up a nearby fire department and see where they have their EMTs trained. Usually they are in government buildings or county safety centers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this why they have a search function?
Or google purhaps

I will have my EMT-B shortly - thus (for me, at least) the better question is: is it possible to work - as opposed to being a volunteer - with just the EMT-B while in school? Or is a volunteer post pretty much the best you can do while in school (and hence, not looking to become a paramedic or trying for a career post somewhere).

Check With Your Local Community College. They Should Have Tha Class. Good Luck. If You Have Any Questions Let Me Know. I Am A Paramedic/firefighter In Florida Starting Med School This Year.

I've been an EMT for a few years so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or just post on this thread (and I will respond). Cheers

Here in TN they abandoned the EMT-B license. The only option is EMT-IV which requires a full year-long program. Not that this probably has anything to do with you :). I'm only about 1.75 hours up the road from ATL, so it FEELS close >).

Being an EMT (and actually using the certification) was the second most important reason for my successful application to medical school.

Behind my uncanny good looks.

Seriously, I highly recommend looking into this; it is one of the best ways to great clinical experience because you have patients that you are actually responsible for. Kind of gives you a mini-preview of what that responsibility entails when you are a physician.

OP- do you wakeboard? I used to give wakeboard lessons at the ritz carlton on lake oconee, which is in your neck of the woods.