EMT class category

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
So I took an EMT certification course as a class in college but I don't know what category on AMCAS to place that class under. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

honestly it is irrelevant ...maybe it goes under "other" ....some could argue it shouldn't go on there at all

if you actually went out and volunteered/worked as an EMT you would've had something to put under clinical experience.

I tried to convince AMCAS that it was a bio class last year I think. They reassigned it as health. They also approved my class as health this year (reapplicant). You did take the class for credit at your institution right? And it is on your transcript right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, I did the same thing. Toss it under "Health"

Blunt honesty: getting the certification doesn't really do much for you in terms of importance on your app. Go and volunteer or work as an EMT to get the clinical experience.

I think the OP knows this, but that's not what he's asking. The class is on the transcript, and the OP is asking what category it should be filed under for the AMCAS app. That is true though, EMT-B is nothing without volunteering or working.