EMT Course Grade...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djsbaseball2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took an EMT course the summer after my first year in college at a local community college. The course was 7 units and the lab was 1.5 units. I received a B in the lecture course and an A in the lab class. The issue is I will be graduating my UG with a 3.72 but the grades from the CC bring me down to a 3.698 which is essentially a 3.7 but it is still annoying. Will this really have any impact? I have had a significant upward trend 3.92-4.0 for 2 years in a row and this course was taken after my first year which was not my best year at all. Sorry for being neurotic it is just frustrating

Members don't see this ad.

So I took an EMT course the summer after my first year in college at a local community college. The course was 7 units and the lab was 1.5 units. I received a B in the lecture course and an A in the lab class. The issue is I will be graduating my UG with a 3.72 but the grades from the CC bring me down to a 3.698 which is essentially a 3.7 but it is still annoying. Will this really have any impact? I have had a significant upward trend 3.92-4.0 for 2 years in a row and this course was taken after my first year which was not my best year at all. Sorry for being neurotic it is just frustrating

AMCAS rounds GPA to the hundredths place so you would have a 3.70 anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not likely to be a big deal. If you did your best, you have nothing to regret. If you didn't treat this seriously because it didn't seem important, let your experience stand as an example to others that these CC EMT courses are part of your AMCAS GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a B in 11 credit EMT course 12 years ago and drops my GPA from 3.865 to something like 3.82. Same situation although those are "old" credits. You just have to own it and don't stress.