Medical Encore: Writing for Medical School: Personal Statements, Activities, and Secondaries [Episode 327]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Podcast-interview-with-Linda-Abraham-Writing-Essays-for-Medical-School-Applications[1].jpg
I am taking a week off for family time this week. As a result I decided to air an encore of our most popular med podcast so far in 2019, and it is: Writing for Med School, which I presented at the end of January.

It’s an excellent time for this podcast. Many of you are knee-deep in secondaries. Others are starting to think about your personal statement for a 2020-2021 application, the cycle that starts in June. And beginning early, with self-reflection is a great way to start. AMCAS will begin processing applications right around June 1, and you want to be ready. And hopefully by this time next year, you may even have a few interview invitations in your hip pocket.

For those of you beyond secondaries, and either awaiting interview invitations or perhaps already having received an interview invitation, I’d like to invite you to Accepted’s next webinar, Ace the MMI, a live Q&A with 2 MMI Experts, Dr. Herman Gordon, former director of Admissions at the University of Arizona Medical School, and Dr. Barry Rothman, founder and former director of several post-bac programs at Cal State San Francisco. Today they are both Accepted consultants who bring their prior experience to bear as they guide our clients preparing for their interviews. And Drs. Gordon and Rothman are happy to share their expertise with you at the webinar on Sept. 17 at 5 PM PT/ 8 PM ET. They have decades of experience in med school admissions, and they will reveal what you can expect and how to prepare for a multiple mini interview, that intimidating MMI. We expect a packed house for the webinar so sign up today!

Whether applying this cycle or next, I hope that you have all had a wonderful summer And thanks for listening to Writing for Med School.

For the complete show notes, please check out the original blog post.

ListenToTheShow.png

Related Links:
Ace the MMI, upcoming webinar
How to Create Successful Secondary Applications, an on-demand webinar
Secondary Essay Questions and Tips Organized by School
How to Write a Winning Med School Personal Statement
Accepted’s Medical Admissions Consulting
Related Shows:
Accepted to Med School in Mid October: How Did He Do It?
Get into University of Washington Medical School
All About Duke Medical School’s Unique Curriculum and How to Get In
How to Get Into NYIT’s College of Osteopathic Medicine

Podcast Feed

This article was originally posted on blog.accepted.com.

Applying to medical school? The talented folks at Accepted have helped hundreds of applicants like you get accepted to their dream programs. Whether you are figuring out where apply, working on your AMCAS application, working on secondary essays, or prepping for your interviews, we are just a call (or click) away. Contact us, and get matched up with the consultant who will help you get accepted!

Members don't see this ad.