1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Encouragement?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by MothMan, Jun 14, 2002.

1. MothMan

MothMan New Member

Hey hey-
    I am applying to NOVA for next year. It is the only school to which I am applying and it is my school of choice. What do you think of my profile? This is my dream and i know it will happen. I have always been a B student, and i have had nearly every class in the first year of the DO curriculum at other institutions. Please offer input:
    6-PS, 7-BS, 10-V
    B.S. Biology/Psychology-2.9
    minor biochemistry
    M.S. Sports Medicine-3.4
    Internship 120 hours cardiac rehab Baptist hopital
    volunteered @ mental hospital 1 semester
    shadowed 2 D.O.s
    2 quarters in chiro school-3.3
    1 semester in a master of physical therapy program-3.4
    many ECs
    Please respond :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

thats funny how you dont give anyone the chance to choose "no nova". But anyways...a 23 for the MCAT is only 1 under the average so its not really that bad. I know of people getting into med school with 21's so i do thinkyou have a good chance. You're gpa is a little on the low side but D.O. schools do look past numbers. It looks like you have a lot of good ec's and volunteer work. GOOD LUCK!!

4. Amra

Amra A Quiet Voice of Reason
    10+ Year Member

If you can do well on your interview, you should be okay. Be sure to be able to tell them WHY osteopathic medicine is for you. The only challenge I can see in what you posted is that you kinda bounced around a bit... PT, DC, SM.. now DO? That might raise eyebrows...

Oh yeah, the MCAT. Your MCAT score is like your bank account - the higher the numbers, the happier you are. Consider taking it again - if not, remember, that people have been accepted with lower scores.

Good luck!
    -A

P.S. Shamesless marketing plug:
    <a href="http://www.nsucom2006.com" target="_blank">NSUCOM Class of 2006 Web Site</a>