Encouragement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MothMan

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey hey-
I am applying to NOVA for next year. It is the only school to which I am applying and it is my school of choice. What do you think of my profile? This is my dream and i know it will happen. I have always been a B student, and i have had nearly every class in the first year of the DO curriculum at other institutions. Please offer input:
6-PS, 7-BS, 10-V
B.S. Biology/Psychology-2.9
minor biochemistry
M.S. Sports Medicine-3.4
Internship 120 hours cardiac rehab Baptist hopital
volunteered @ mental hospital 1 semester
shadowed 2 D.O.s
2 quarters in chiro school-3.3
1 semester in a master of physical therapy program-3.4
many ECs
Please respond :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

thats funny how you dont give anyone the chance to choose "no nova". But anyways...a 23 for the MCAT is only 1 under the average so its not really that bad. I know of people getting into med school with 21's so i do thinkyou have a good chance. You're gpa is a little on the low side but D.O. schools do look past numbers. It looks like you have a lot of good ec's and volunteer work. GOOD LUCK!!

If you can do well on your interview, you should be okay. Be sure to be able to tell them WHY osteopathic medicine is for you. The only challenge I can see in what you posted is that you kinda bounced around a bit... PT, DC, SM.. now DO? That might raise eyebrows...

Oh yeah, the MCAT. Your MCAT score is like your bank account - the higher the numbers, the happier you are. Consider taking it again - if not, remember, that people have been accepted with lower scores.

Good luck!
-A

P.S. Shamesless marketing plug:
<a href="http://www.nsucom2006.com" target="_blank">NSUCOM Class of 2006 Web Site</a>