End dates & reason for leaving

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swoopyswoop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For ongoing projects, the dates on ERAS just show up as the start date (i.e. "9/2012") without indicating it is ongoing to present time... is that okay? should i artificially put an end date of the end of med school (5/2016) in?

And for "reason for leaving" - do I need to fill these out? All my projects ended because i graduated from college + moved away, or worked and then stopped working to start med school, etc. Should I put something down for each of them?

Members don't see this ad.

This is old and hopefully resolved for OP, but for others: I just put "moved for med school," vs "project currently in progress" for the research I'm doing now. There was one instance where I felt the need to explain further because the dates looked odd. (I worked for awhile in M1 but quit due to family illness+ school.) no issues so far!

Reactions: 1 user
For ongoing projects, the dates on ERAS just show up as the start date (i.e. "9/2012") without indicating it is ongoing to present time... is that okay? should i artificially put an end date of the end of med school (5/2016) in?
Bumping this up... Just realized that if you don't indicate an end date, it says 'present.' Must be a bug fixed from previous years (and from earlier this application opening even!) Perfect!