end of november too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twf2106

twf2106
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone!

i was wondering if it would be too late to take my DAT in late November, and then apply to Temple, NYCPM, and Barry right after? i'm a non-trad who is just finishing up a postbacc and working full time as well, so i havent had as much time to prepare for the DAT as i would like. do y'all think that if i had my apps finished (other than my DAT score) when i took the DAT in november that it would ok, or should i try to take the test sooner, like at the beginning of nov/end of oct?

any help would be great!

Thanks! :D

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone!

i was wondering if it would be too late to take my DAT in late November, and then apply to Temple, NYCPM, and Barry right after? i'm a non-trad who is just finishing up a postbacc and working full time as well, so i havent had as much time to prepare for the DAT as i would like. do y'all think that if i had my apps finished (other than my DAT score) when i took the DAT in november that it would ok, or should i try to take the test sooner, like at the beginning of nov/end of oct?

any help would be great!

Thanks! :D

DAT? Shouldn't you be in the Dental Formum?

some pod schools take dat

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes yes pre-dental forum...

Anyway...
..As early as possible would be best...but you DO want a good score...But people get accepted into some pod schools all the way until a week before school starts....so...

The earlier the better but make sure you are comfortable taking it when you do...

:thumbup:

Since the MCAT is not offered until next year the OP has to take the DAT this year or wait until next year...if I was in this situation I would do the same.

hi hi sorry for the confusion! in not pre-dent, i'm pre-pod. the reason that i am going to take the DAT is because i am finishing up the last part of my postbacc now, which is physics. I've taken general chem, orgo, and bio, so I would be ok for the dat. and lucky for me, my top 3 choices (nycpm, temple, and barry) all accept the dat. If i wanted to take the mcat, i would have to wait til next year until i'm done with physics, and i was looking to matric fall '08.

so with that said, u think that i would be ok taking it at the end of nov with my applications submitted right before then (all of the app other than the dat score)?

thanks!!

haha dude!

They know...they're mocking you because some people may think less of you if you take the DAT instead of the MCAT :thumbup:...it doesn't matter though...no biggie..

But I am pretty much doing the same thing, more toward early November ...and based on what everyone says on these forums and my experience over the last year or so...you should be fine....Feli and Krabmas give good advice...they're usually pretty helpful if you PM one of them...but overall you should still be relatively competitive depending on your GPA etc..

..Also have you shadowed a Podiatrist? Or are you planning on doing so?

Don't worry...I did the same thing. I really wanted Temple/NYCPM (from Philly and wanted to stay in the area) and took the DAT. Just make sure to do well (+18 AA/TS). I got interviews with both schools above plus Barry and OCPM.

lol, thanks for the info! (sans the mocking ;))

yeah, i've heard that they may not LOVE the DAT, but i just really dont want to have a lag year, and since the schools i wanna go to accept it, why not, right? i've done pretty well GPA wise, so hopefully it should be all ok.

WannaBeDPM, i did shadow a dpm, but it was just for a hot second, so i am going to try to get some more hours in before that. there are a few in my neighborhood, so i'm thinking about just giving them a call. are you applying for fall '08 too? where are you going to apply?