Cellpathology

5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2013
Status
If I could figure out how to post a picture, I could provide somewhat questionable evidence that the ABP plans to do away with recertification and only require MOC. Does anyone know how to post pictures on here?

Mace1370

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Use the upload a file button next to post reply or host it on another website and share the link.

dermpathdoc

DO Path
10+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
Pacific Northwest
Status
Attending Physician
Old news...there will be no recertification, only MOC because the States want it that way and the Boards make oodles of moolah administering the tests and all of the requirements for monitoring it.

OP
C

Cellpathology

5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2013
Status
dermpathdoc, you are correct........ but apparently moc part III requires a "secure examination"

dermpathdoc

DO Path
10+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
Pacific Northwest
Status
Attending Physician
dermpathdoc, you are correct........ but apparently moc part III requires a "secure examination"
MOC, recertification or Osteopathic Continuous certification it is all the same thing....a secure examination is required to be taken at the end of the 10 year cycle. Then it begins all over again.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
10+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
This is NOT old news to me: in essence did the ABP abandon the plan to retest everyone?

please provide link if so.

FYI the ABP website CLEARLY still lists a recert test in year 7-10 of the MOC cycle.

Please post reference.

Last edited:

Thrombus

Removed
Removed
Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
Ask the ABP if they practice evidence based medicine! Why do they issue decree based on opinion with no evidence behind it with accompanying fees in a profession with limited resources?

Torsed

Deo Vindice.
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Daily I reflect back with fondness to the chemical structure of a drug of abuse on my clinical boards and its massive relativity to my daily practice. Thank you ABP! I'm confident that our re-cert exam will be equally relevant and help me take better care of patients.