Endo Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfairy227

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which endo progrmas are lettle less compatitive than others. Right now I have 3.1 gpa and 84 on boards? No research exprience, do i have chance in hell?? or I should forget about it completely

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know which endo progrmas are lettle less compatitive than others. Right now I have 3.1 gpa and 84 on boards? No research exprience, do i have chance in hell?? or I should forget about it completely
I hear that temple is one of the easiest programs to get into. A lot of the endo residents I've spoken to told me that they were offered a position right at the interview, and that they were very aggressive and annoying in trying to get you to commit (this is a running theme at temple, i experienced the same thing with predoctoral admissions). But the people i spoke to about this were all very good applicants. I'm not sure temple would be too excited about you with an 84.

Another word about temple. i'm not sure you'd want to go there even if you got accepted. I heard they do next to no surgical cases, which is ******ed ridiculous and probably why nobody wants to go there (in addition to the crappy area).

Oh, and another word about temple: if you are going to apply you better have your act together right now, cause their deadline in August 1st. :eek:

ToothFairy,

Unless there's something else about your application that you're not sharing, I would probably put the application money to better use buying lottery tickets. I'm just kidding, but really, I don't think you'd get a look from any programs I've heard of. If you love endo, you can still get there somehow, but it will probably entail a GPR and multiple years of private practice doing some published research on the side to bolster your app. Best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am getting my application ready, "you never know, lightening could strike." I am also applying to temple. we'll see what happens. Thanks anyways.

Good luck ToothFairy.

I didnt mean anything. I appreciate your reply.

Just to tag along the topic...

I am interested in endo residency too... can anyone comment on my chances

NBDE Part 1: 90, part II: 84
class rank: not great perhaps somewhere in the middle 25/50
GPA: 3.3-3.4
Experience: currently doing GPR
Some research experience, but nothing was published
couple externships

I am looking at schools like NYU, BU, Tufts, Upenn or Temple. They seem to be less competitive to me

Any comments is welcome~

couple externships

I am looking at schools like NYU, BU, Tufts, Upenn or Temple. They seem to be less competitive to me

Any comments is welcome~
From the people I've talked to I think you've got a tough road ahead of you. Best of luck. I think that further pursuit of your research (probably need to publish) and expressly trying to go to an M.S. program continuing that research focus will be your best bet. Your post-grad experience will definitely help you.

couple externships

Any comments is welcome~

I think you have a very good chance of getting in, especially NYU. My roomate and 2 other classmates were accepted there. Your GPR experience is a huge plus. For your info., my roomate scored 95 NBDE part I (he didn't even take part II of the board at the time when he applied) and he got accepted fresh out of dental school. Good luck.:)

thanks for the input people I really appreciated it!

Just another quick question... during the application process, they ask you to hand in a proof that you'll be able to finance the education. Since I am a Canadian student and can't get a loan from US, I'll just submit my parents' bank statement and make sure there enough money in there for the two years? Don't you usually submit this after you get in?