Endo Residency Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cavityattack

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello All
Just want to get an ideal what would be my chances applying for endo this year.
GPA 3.73, top 30% of class
1 year GPR (heavily focused on endo)
5 years private practice experience
done hundreds of molar endos
minimum research experience (done some in undergraduate/ GPR)
Shadowed private endodontist and getting 2 reference form 2 board certified endodontist
some CEs on endo (endo review courses), not hand on
I know it's getting pretty competitive for endo residency, just want to see if anyone gotten into residency last cycle with similar stat...

Thank you!
I think things look pretty good for you there, especially with the 5 years of experience - lots of endo programs will like that. I was able to get in with less stats than that, so you should be hopeful. Just make sure you get that application submitted early. With the rolling application cycle that makes a big difference. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I think things look pretty good for you there, especially with the 5 years of experience - lots of endo programs will like that. I was able to get in with less stats than that, so you should be hopeful. Just make sure you get that application submitted early. With the rolling application cycle that makes a big difference. Good luck!
would anyone know which school prefers applicants with more private practice experiences? thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
would anyone know which school prefers applicants with more private practice experiences? thank you in advance!
Like PerioDont said, the majority of programs prefer applicants with experience. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but for endo applications, post dental school experience outweighs almost all of the other factors on your application/resume.

Reactions: 1 users
Like PerioDont said, the majority of programs prefer applicants with experience. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but for endo applications, post dental school experience outweighs almost all of the other factors on your application/resume.
That is what I understood as well. Might narrow it down a bit more to ask what schools accept fresh grads as it is much more rare

I have a really good friend who just got into Endo who didn't have as much experience, I think you have a great chance of getting in. Good luck!!!

You will be fine trust me. If you interview well. You’ll be good

Hello All
Just want to get an ideal what would be my chances applying for endo this year.
GPA 3.73, top 30% of class
1 year GPR (heavily focused on endo)
5 years private practice experience
done hundreds of molar endos
minimum research experience (done some in undergraduate/ GPR)
Shadowed private endodontist and getting 2 reference form 2 board certified endodontist
some CEs on endo (endo review courses), not hand on
I know it's getting pretty competitive for endo residency, just want to see if anyone gotten into residency last cycle with similar stat...

Thank you!
You sound like a great applicant! Honestly Endo is weird just apply broadly and see what happens

How important is the adat? I am only getting about 50% correct on adat knockout right now.