Endo residency...where do I begin?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsoneday1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I just started D3 year at my school, I have been interested in endo ever since i started school. However, we only get limited courses on endo, and barely any exposure to it.

I have been looking into applying to a residency program, and I would love to get some advice from you all on how to improve my application? I have recently joined the AAE and have been making connections with the endo faculty at my school this past year. Unfortunately i have not done any research, and my GPA is a 3.5.

I do not know if i should apply to a GPR program, or go out and practice for a year or two then come back and apply. What do you guys think/recommend? are there certain programs that accept endo residents fresh out of dental school?

thank you all so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Try your best to keep your grades up. See if you can do an endo research project with your endo faculty. Apply for GPR's, preferably those connected to schools with endo programs. Stay in touch with your endo faculty from your school, let them know you're interested in endo. Ask them for advice as well. Take the ADAT, score in 90+ percentile. With your GPA right now, I do not think practicing straight out will do anything to improve your application. Best of luck! It can be done.

Try your best to keep your grades up. See if you can do an endo research project with your endo faculty. Apply for GPR's, preferably those connected to schools with endo programs. Stay in touch with your endo faculty from your school, let them know you're interested in endo. Ask them for advice as well. Take the ADAT, score in 90+ percentile. With your GPA right now, I do not think practicing straight out will do anything to improve your application. Best of luck! It can be done.

thank you for the advice! I thought the ADAT was only for international students? im not an international student and i am currently attending a dental school in the US!

Members don't see this ad :)

Also, do you recommend joining the AAE as a Predoctoral Student Member?

ADAT is open for foreign and domestic trained dentists. Yes, it’s advisable to join AAE if you're interested in endodontics.

Last edited: