Endo Specialty Placement and ASDA Guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Profchaos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows some stats for endo specialty, like how many were accepted out of how many.
BTW, ASDA published a guide for specialty. I don't wanna spend money on it yet so I was wondering if anyone has known something about it. :smuggrin:

2005 Postdoctoral Guide, Volume 2
ASDA's Guides to Postdoctoral Programs are designed to make the process of comparing graduate programs more efficient and convenient for all applicants. The guides contain up-to-date comparative information about general practice residencies, advanced education in general dentistry and eight specialties. Each guide's program profiles include facts about application deadlines, stipends, starting dates, faculty, patient mix, how the resident's time is spent and much more.

Volume 2 includes information about Dental Public Health, Endodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Orthodontics, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontics, and Prosthodontics.

Members don't see this ad.

Profchaos said:
I was wondering if anyone knows some stats for endo specialty, like how many were accepted out of how many.
BTW, ASDA published a guide for specialty. I don't wanna spend money on it yet so I was wondering if anyone has known something about it. :smuggrin:

i am in an endo residency that accepts 3 residents annually ... at this program the average # of apps is around 95-125 ... maybe 10 - 15 get interviewed

i did a gpr, practiced for 3 years and applied (only once) ... i was in OKU, had a 3.5 gpa, a 92/84 for board scores, had no connections, interviewed at 4 of 15 programs, was accepted to only one ... the best one of course ;)

bmg4bmw said:
Profchaos said:

i am in an endo residency that accepts 3 residents annually ... at this program the average # of apps is around 95-125 ... maybe 10 - 15 get interviewed

i did a gpr, practiced for 3 years and applied (only once) ... i was in OKU, had a 3.5 gpa, a 92/84 for board scores, had no connections, interviewed at 4 of 15 programs, was accepted to only one ... the best one of course ;)

Hoho, that's very competitive.