Endodontics 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when was ur application complete? any idea hw many days they take for reviewing.. thanx if u cn help!
I think all the programs have rolling admissions this year - they just offer interviews at a different date.

I received an interview invite from BU today via phone call (to my office! :mad:) They spoke to my receptionist and let her know.

No common sense.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. I've got a couple interviews coming up aand was wondering if anyone could shed any light on what type of questions to expect. Thanks. Upenn and UDM

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who have been interviewed, can you guys share your experiences please?

I interviewed at UIC , Chicago yesterday. I had a chance to the residents. Seems like a fun group. Met the program director and then had the interview with the admissions committee. Pretty low stress interview. Mostly a general interaction. Good thing was the spotlight was not on me. I was asked about my publications, experience and my general interests. If offered I will :D and sleep for a few days.

Has anybody received any offers or accepted positions? I am still :xf:.
:idea: We need to give this thread a CPR.
cheesetoast, Dgipg, sixtybelow all you guys where are you?

Heya 10000lakes

Sharing situation, I just applied to UofT endodontics program because it was the only one I would like to join for several reasons. I already have an Msc in Endodontics and I have been working as full time endodontist in europe for 5 years now.

UofT said they would contact late September, and apparently Hanan from the forum was invited on 15th Sep for an interview on 5th Oct.

No invitation came my way for an interview. In the School of PostGrad webpage my status is still under review. Called them at UofT to ask if not beeing invited for an interview means I was excluded.
The answer was No. "If you didn't got an email saying decision made, Your application is still beeing considered" they said.

So I am waiting...:(

Weird thing is that In my opinion I had a solid application, 3 years Post grad in endodontics, publications, teaching experience in an endodontic department, reaserch in endodontics,....dont get me wrong or think I lack humbleness but I was expecting at least a chance to interview with the department.

I have accepted a position at St. Louis University for next year. The residents seemed happy, busy, and full of information. I also really liked how time is split between two campuses. Southern Illinois University houses the dental school and looks like a small, rural college campus. To get from building to building, it feels like you're walking through a grassy quad. The other part of the training is done on the SLU medical campus in St. Louis proper. The patient base is different, coming not from the dental school, but instead from private practice referrals. There is a CBCT right in the treatment area, and it is used on a regular basis as a teaching and diagnostic tool. At this program it is not uncommon for a resident to finish 250 cases by the end of his first year.

I also thought the chair and faculty were very dedicated and passionate about the program. They all seem incredibly knowledgeable and I look forward to learning many things from them.

I immediately (and happily) withdrew my application from other programs.

Good luck to all. Post the good news when you hear it.

You earned it...:thumbup:
Congrats Cheesetoast... Its toast time :)

Congratulations Cheesetoast. Wish you all the best in St. Louis.

10000Lakes thx for the suport buddy.:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Dgipg: was it Houston that you applied to?

i signed letter of acceptance and sent deposit to a school and had to back out to go somewhere else. feel really bad about it.. i think they are really mad :(

Got into NYU and BU. Whew I can finally get a good night's sleep!

Phd Endo?
Anyone have ANY info about schools doing this..and how to apply?!!!
(a friend who did masters in England at the Eastman, wants to apply for Phd Endo in the USA)..
Would be grateful if anyone could help!!!
many thanks

Phd Endo?
Anyone have ANY info about schools doing this..and how to apply?!!!
(a friend who did masters in England at the Eastman, wants to apply for Phd Endo in the USA)..
Would be grateful if anyone could help!!!
many thanks

I know of endo programs that offer masters degrees, but not with incorporated PhDs. I would think that would add a couple additional years to the programs. Your friend could get a PhD in an endo-related topic at a dental school, but that is usually independent of a certificate.

Hope that helps

What happended to this thread? Post some updates where you are going.

Can you post your scores/rank?
hi, I didn't apply to any residency programs. I am interested in endo. I know it's too late. Most of the program dead lines are already passed. I wanted to know if I have any chance for post match. Are there any vacant endo program I can apply post match. How to proceed for such programs.

Congrats 1000Lakes!

Apthous - the endo application cycle does not participate in MATCH. Instead it's a direct application system where you apply to the program(s) either through PASS or their own website. The programs contact you for interviews/acceptances/etc

Congrats 1000Lakes!

Apthous - the endo application cycle does not participate in MATCH. Instead it's a direct application system where you apply to the program(s) either through PASS or their own website. The programs contact you for interviews/acceptances/etc
ic, I was checking individual program, but their deadlines have passed. R there any programs I can apply to

apthous, endo programs do not participate in MATCH, so therefore there is no post-match. We've been interviewing since as early as August. I believe all the deadlines have passed and all the programs have probably long filled their positions.

Hey I was waiting for this Endo2010 tread to start. I have applied to six schools and I think I will bite through my night guard in the next one month:laugh:. I guess its a little early to hear back from schools but next 4-6 weeks are important.
hey needed some help for endo residency .