engineering graduate: should i apply for dental school fall 2013 or fall 2014?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

forums

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ello everyone:

i just graduated from a school in the university of california, uc, system in engineering. the following are my stats that i just calculated on excel:

BCP GPA: 3.6589
Other Sciences GPA: 3.6428
Science GPA (average of BCP and Other Sciences GPAs): 3.65088
Non-Science GPA: 3.93859
Commutative GPA (average of BCP, Science, and Non-Science GPAs): 3.7467

my question is basically whether i can apply for this cycle (to get in for fall 2013) vs. applying for fall 2014. i have not taken the DAT yet. if i apply for the fall 2013 cycle, i want to give myself about ~ 2months to take the DAT. so, i would take it in mid-september. also, i do not have clinical/dental/volunteer experience to date, but will be starting soon (dental/medical office/clinic experience). i have 3 quarters of engineering research, leadership. also, i have experience as an engineering intern at a company, and have a job offer. would working as an engineer give any boost to one's profile?

i want to stay in california, and therefore would like to get into one of these schools: Loma Linda University, UCLA, UCSF, University of the Pacific, USC, Western University of Health Sciences.

also, i have not taken anatomy, physiology, molecular bio, micro bio. i plan to take anatomy and/or molecular bio prior to attending. considering the above, how do i stand for applying for this fall 2013 cycle. so basically, whether i apply for the fall 2013 or fall 2014 cycle, i will have these stats, probably average accepted (or above) DAT scores, have worked as an engineer, and have dental/clinical experience (starting this july). considering this, when should i start my application?

i appreciate your comments/suggestions/questions in advanced.

Members don't see this ad.

ello everyone:

i just graduated from a school in the university of california, uc, system in engineering. the following are my stats that i just calculated on excel:

BCP GPA: 3.6589
Other Sciences GPA: 3.6428
Science GPA (average of BCP and Other Sciences GPAs): 3.65088
Non-Science GPA: 3.93859
Commutative GPA (average of BCP, Science, and Non-Science GPAs): 3.7467

my question is basically whether i can apply for this cycle (to get in for fall 2013) vs. applying for fall 2014. i have not taken the DAT yet. if i apply for the fall 2013 cycle, i want to give myself about ~ 2months to take the DAT. so, i would take it in mid-september. also, i do not have clinical/dental/volunteer experience to date, but will be starting soon (dental/medical office/clinic experience). i have 3 quarters of engineering research, leadership. also, i have experience as an engineering intern at a company, and have a job offer. would working as an engineer give any boost to one's profile?

i want to stay in california, and therefore would like to get into one of these schools: Loma Linda University, UCLA, UCSF, University of the Pacific, USC, Western University of Health Sciences.

also, i have not taken anatomy, physiology, molecular bio, micro bio. i plan to take anatomy and/or molecular bio prior to attending. considering the above, how do i stand for applying for this fall 2013 cycle. so basically, whether i apply for the fall 2013 or fall 2014 cycle, i will have these stats, probably average accepted (or above) DAT scores, have worked as an engineer, and have dental/clinical experience (starting this july). considering this, when should i start my application?

i appreciate your comments/suggestions/questions in advanced.

Sorry bud, but this forum is for foreign trained dentists and not pre-dental! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.