engineering student planning to get into dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blitzkreig

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
I am a second year engineering student in Canada. I am planning to get into dental school
1) how difficult is it to get into dental schools in Canada and U.S?
2) is it possible for pernament residents of Canada to apply to U.S schools?
3) do they take into consideration my engineering courses in the calculation of my gpa?
4) i am going to start taking the science courses from this fall so any advice on my line of action?
5) is it possible to get any grants, loans, aids once you get into dental school?

thanks a million in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know the answers for canadian specific questions, but as for taking engineering credits, I can add something. Obviously, any classes that you have to take towards your Eng degree you can apply towards prereq's, such as Chem, Chem Lab, Physics. Otherwise, the Eng classes count towards your total GPA, but that's about it.

I reccommend re-posting your questions in the international dentist forum, which if I remember correctly, is frequented by a lot of canadian students.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can tell you from my experience, from a brother, mother,grandfather, uncle who are engineers, your definetly not going to be missing much. Good luck on your future endevours.

HD

As a former chemical engineer and present pre-dent I can second that you won't be missing much. However, I think that the engineering courses also count toward your science GPA (whether you want them to or not), not just the cum GPA. Isn't that true? Can anyone clear that up?