Engineering Student, School List Help: sGPA: 4.0 cGPA 3.87 MCAT 516

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pswill96

Reaction score
Personal background: White male from PA. Grew up in medically under served area.

Academic Background: Degree in Biomedical Engineering. cGPA 3.87 and sGPA 4.0

MCAT:
6-20: 516: 131, 125, 129, 131

Research:
1500 hours in neurobiology lab, completed an Honors Thesis
750 hours on Senior Design Project - Built a neonatal imaging helmet, gave poster presentation at engineering design conference. Won 2nd place overall.
Shadowing:
400 hours in a Mentorship Program at a hospital (heavy patient interaction, assisted with taking histories, met with physicians for weekly session at their house's to discuss the profession
-Split into about 40 hours in each of 10 specialties.

Volunteering:
  1. 750 hours - LIONS Club - Sustained volunteering over the course of my life (only included hours since college though). Dues paying member and attend biweekly meetings. Major effort is funding and maintaining our community's swimming pool. I lifeguard family events and teach community swimming lessons for free. Also do landscaping and paint the pool. Very important organization in my family.
  2. 100 hours- Religious service volunteering

Teaching
  1. 1500 hours as a physiology lab TA - Taught my own class of about 16 for 5 semesters
  2. 500 hours as a chemistry learning assistant/tutor
Profession:
Since graduating in 2019 I have been working full time as a clinical engineer in a hospital and have gained a lot of experience interacting with clinical staff and interacting with patients (though not in a clinical way)

OVERALL:
I was not on the premed path from the get go, but gained interest through college. Did the mentoring program after graduating and loved everything about it. I never had any premed advising so just looking for some advice on what schools I should be applying to this year. I just feel like my app is weird because I have not been preparing for this over the past 5 years like premeds.

Thanks!

School list

1Pennsylvania State University College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
2University of Pittsburgh School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
3Drexel University College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
4Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple UniversityNeitherNo notes added by user
5Geisinger Commonwealth School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
6Perelman School of Medicine at the University of PennsylvaniaNeitherNo notes added by user
7Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson UniversityNeitherNo notes added by user
8West Virginia University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
9George Washington University School of Medicine and Health SciencesNeitherNo notes added by user
10New York Medical CollegeNeitherNo notes added by user
11University of Rochester School of Medicine and DentistryNeitherNo notes added by user
12University of Colorado School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
13USF Health Morsani College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
14University of Virginia School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
15Ohio State University College of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
16Case Western Reserve University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
17Duke University School of MedicineNeitherNo notes added by user
18Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern CaliforniaNeitherNo notes added by user
19University of Cincinnati College of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

You could add any of these schools:
Carle Illinois (ideal for your interests)
Dartmouth
Brown
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis
Western Michigan
Kaiser

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@Faha Any schools on my list you would remove?
Thanks a ton, I will look into all of those!