English Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WantsThisBad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm at a community college right now and I have taken 2 English classes:
College Writing and English 101. When I transfer to a 4 year school in the fall I think both credits will transfer, and I doubt I'll be required to take any more English courses for a Biology degree. My question is, do those two classes count as 2 semesters of English? I mean, one is writing and the other is pretty much also writing but at a higher level. Will I have to take EN 102 (more reading) at my future 4 year institute in order to meet med school reqs?

Thanks Guys.

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm at a community college right now and I have taken 2 English classes:
College Writing and English 101. When I transfer to a 4 year school in the fall I think both credits will transfer, and I doubt I'll be required to take any more English courses for a Biology degree. My question is, do those two classes count as 2 semesters of English? I mean, one is writing and the other is pretty much also writing but at a higher level. Will I have to take EN 102 (more reading) at my future 4 year institute in order to meet med school reqs?

Thanks Guys.

Were both offered by the English Dept? If so, you're covered. It shouldn't matter if they transfer or not as far as your application is concerned, just as long as you've takent 2 English classes.

If they aren't both under the English Dept, you could still apply to schools that require 2 semesters and see if they'll accept the other class to meet the req, but this is a lot of work and it's not 100% guranteed.