English Credit Requirement!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owain

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Im from Canada, and im planning to apply to Med schools in the US THIS SUMMER ! I know that a FULL ENGLISH credit is required for the med schools in the USA...but WHEN do they require it by?!?
Because if they need it by the time i put in my APPlication, i would have to take SUMMER SCHOOL, for the english credit....and that limits my choices to really quite HARDER english courses.....could i possibly take the english credit that i need during next academic YEAR, after i put in my application?? and submit my transcript WITH the english course to them after Christmas???

THanks for ure help in advance guys/girls!! im confused here!! :thumbup: :)

Members don't see this ad.

owain said:
Hi Im from Canada, and im planning to apply to Med schools in the US THIS SUMMER ! I know that a FULL ENGLISH credit is required for the med schools in the USA...but WHEN do they require it by?!?
Because if they need it by the time i put in my APPlication, i would have to take SUMMER SCHOOL, for the english credit....and that limits my choices to really quite HARDER english courses.....could i possibly take the english credit that i need during next academic YEAR, after i put in my application?? and submit my transcript WITH the english course to them after Christmas???

THanks for ure help in advance guys/girls!! im confused here!! :thumbup: :)

All credits are due by matriculation, and not by application.

oh thats great news!!!
that means i can still fullfill my requirements in my last year of undergrad!!!
thanks !
confirmation anyone?!

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, that's true. it might come up at an interview MAYBE but then you'd just indicate that you were taking the last english class or whatever currently, or next semester or whenever. not a big deal.

thanks so much guys!!
:) :thumbup: