English Prereq

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vkhullar

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY GuYS!
I am wondering if I could get some advice.

I am thinking of taking English through a distance university in Canada - Athabasca U but do not know which courses I can take to get the English prereq.

http://www.athabascau.ca/course/ug_subject/list_ef.php#e

Now I am thinking of taking a writing composition course(3 credits) and a literature course(3 credits), does that make up the English Literature pre-req requirement?

And do all med schools accept distance courses in English?

I am thinking of applying to 7 schools - Einstein, GW, Wayne State, Upstate SUNY, Franklin, jefferson and New York Medical College. PLease advise. Thanks in advance:(

Members don't see this ad.

HEY GuYS!
I am wondering if I could get some advice.

I am thinking of taking English through a distance university in Canada - Athabasca U but do not know which courses I can take to get the English prereq.

http://www.athabascau.ca/course/ug_subject/list_ef.php#e

Now I am thinking of taking a writing composition course(3 credits) and a literature course(3 credits), does that make up the English Literature pre-req requirement?

And do all med schools accept distance courses in English?

I am thinking of applying to 7 schools - Einstein, GW, Wayne State, Upstate SUNY, Franklin, jefferson and New York Medical College. PLease advise. Thanks in advance:(

Please help!!! I have to register by today if I have to get into the course and have it count as a summer course!!!!

Composition and literature courses count towards English.

As long as the distance-learning courses appear on your college transcript, then I imagine they would count. If you're really bothered by it, call up all seven schools and ask them directly.

(You probably should apply to more schools than just seven.)