english req

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by nvrgvup, Apr 2, 2002.

1. nvrgvup

nvrgvup Member

hi all. i posted this on the pre-osteo site but didn't get a clear answer. schools say that 6 credits towards english are required. but i believe that it's 6 semester units. is 2 enlgish classes worth 4 units each in the quarter system equivalent? please help. i need to know if i'm missing an englich class and I plan to be out of town in the summer which mean i'd have to start a class next week at a jc....thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY

Attending Physician
    Your best bet is to individually call the admissions depts of the schools that you are interested in, make note of who you speak to..and go from there....always go directly to the source...to eliminate any confusion...

I did that when I was applying..and it made my job easier..and I was sure that I was getting correct info...the admissions offices are there to help you...so use them

Plus its nice if they get to know your name...they knew me by voice after a while..and I can't help but think it was to my advantage in getting interviews, and ultimately multiple acceptances.

4. nvrgvup

nvrgvup Member

yosh-from your location, i'm assuming you attend COMP. i actually got in there and that is the school i am concerned about. i will call myself, but if you can offer any info it would be very helpful. thanks!