• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

English Requirement and AP Credit at These Schools?

waffle23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2008
Philadelphia
  1. Pre-Medical
    So I just realized that I should probably take a writing course under the English department since many schools specifically want English. I saw this website posted on these forums (http://www.haverford.edu/deans/prehealth/documents/english_requirements.pdf) but I don't really trust it since i saw some info that was blatantly wrong/contradicted info on actual med schools sites. I went through several of the specific med school websites to look for information and did several searches, yet the following schools either did not have information or were ambiguous on their English requirements and whether they accept AP credit or whether they accept other writing intensive courses:

Mt. Sinai (1 year English, very little clarifying info)
    Columbia (1 year English, talks about AP credit for bio and chem, nothing about credit for English though)
    Drexel (1 year English, no info on AP)
    Stony Brook (1 year English, no info on AP)
    Boston University (1 year English, mention of AP but ambiguous as to whether or not they will actually accept it)

So for MSSM, Colubia, Drexel, Stony Brook, and BU; does anyone have info on whether these schools will accept AP credit (I have 3 credits from AP English) or writing intensive courses not in English (I have 2 freshman writing seminars - one nonscience and one science)? Thanks!

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.