English Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bug530

2nd Year NYCPM
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How strictly are these adhered to for admission into podiatry school? At Michigan State we were only required to take three credits of English and writing intensive classes qualified for the other three English credits. I've already graduated and only recently made the decision to go to podiatry school. Do I need to go back and take another class or will this be fine?

Members don't see this ad.

The writing class should suffice. I met my undergrad's requirement which was a few credits short of some school's requirements. It was not a problem, for my school ignored the credit deficiency since I was not an ESL student

I went to MSU as well and the minimum requirement to be able to receive a Bachelor's Degree is enough AS LONG as you aren't an ESL student. Whether you are in Lyman Briggs which had me taking one HPS tier 1 and two HPS tier 2 course plus the ISS and IAH courses or Natural Science, Social Science, Business, etc. where you need to take a tier 1 WRA course, a tier 2 WRA course, and the 16 credits in ISS and IAH.

You should be good. You already got your degree which means you got enough of the credits to fulfill the university requirements. If you are an ESL student though (since you didn't specify that you are not one) then you may have to double check with the admissions committees. Otherwise, you should be completely in the clear.

Thanks, I'm not an ESL student so that helps quite a bit.