English teacher told me I would not make a good Doctor.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 20 some odd years, when you are busy writing and selling books as an MD, you should send this bitch a copy and ask her to proofread it.
Sounds like a joke, everybody need to relax.

rth0492l.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
What was the original typo?

To the OP, your teacher just sounds like she was venting on you. Either that, or she just doesn't fancy you all that well. The most important thing you need to take from this is to know that NOBODY can tell you whether you'll make a good doctor. Heck, I know people who got in after adcoms from other schools said they would never get in anywhere. I agree with link2swim06, just ignore it and don't let anyone deter you from your goal. On your actual personal statement you'd be a lot more careful than a casual email. So bottom line, no worries.

She was obviously joking/using sarcasm, especially if this comment was made in the context of a longer message.

She was obviously joking/using sarcasm, especially if this comment was made in the context of a longer message.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation. GTFO, we don't like your kind around here.

Yahoo, Hotmail, and Gmail all have spellcheck...So I am not sure what ancient email client he is using.

My guess is that it was his school's email client, and they do not have spell check activated. It was probably a direct request of this English teacher.

I've shadowed doctors who couldn't spell the names of the diseases they were treating correctly. Spelling shmelling.

who cares about her opinion, she's an english teacher?

I believe it. Read my last post a few posts up ^^^^

I don't doubt that misspellings on a PS submitted to the schools could hold you back. However, I do doubt some professor just saying that to you in an email.

Wow just now the teacher apoligized, but I don't know what to say.

I e-mailed my personal statement to an English teacher for help, and she said the following: "You spelled "interested" incorrectly in that last e-mail you sent me. This means you lack attention to detail and would not make a good physician." I was like WTF? My email does not have spell check, and adding an extra r in interested does not mean I would make a horrible physician. I just think that people hold physicians to a ridiculous standard.

Reply:
"Come at me, bro"