English Type or Science Type?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which are you?

• English Type

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Science Type

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Both

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I Suck at Both

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

akademiks1989

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, usually, most people fall in one, but not the other, of these categories. Where do you fall?

If you are an English type (including Political Science, Humanities, Music, History, Foreign Languages, Sociology, Anthropology, etc.), do you think you are at a disadvantage compared to the Science types (including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)?

Has anyone been one but wished they were the other?

Have you been one way always, or not?

And are you majoring in an area unlike your better ability?

PERSONALLY, I am the English type. I pick up on foreign languages. But I wish I was more of a science type. I am sort of forcing myself to acquire a science type of mind by majoring in chemistry (beside that I really love it, and that I wouldn't mind being a chemist). I was more scientifically inclined as a child, and I struggled with the English type of subjects. But when high school rolled around, I switched completely. I am definitely an English type of person, but I wish I was more into the science rather than how to conjugate an Arabic or Spanish verb in the past subjunctive or knowing how Trotsky was killed (with an icepick in Mexico).

Members don't see this ad.

I think I am on the extreme side of science people.

See, I had problem passing my english writing class. Techinically, I would have get a F in that class if I didn't drop it on time and then transferred to a easier college with a easier writing sequence.

On the science side, oh, my, I sure own it. Ochem? I can imagine the flow of electron. Engineering? I can feel what each transistor wanna do. Physics? come on, it is fun.

I am really envy of those who can write eloquently. I don't think my personal statement will be steller due to my lack of writing skill.

I've done a few flip-flops on this throughout my life. Elementary/Middle school I was heavy into science and math, then in high school (in a "Math and Science" high school) I became much more focused on the humanities. Come college, and over the past four years I've been much more scientifically inclined again. I mean, I still get As in humanities classes (might even do better than my science classes), but I enjoy them far, far less than the science classes I've had.

Members don't see this ad :)
im gonna have to say i suck at both. how will i be a doctor?! :scared:

Science has always been something Ive done because i was good at it. Writing/english is where my interests seem to lie. Although I have to admit my resume will tell you otherwise. I guess i am the english type, but still in the closet. I do own more poetry books than science books though.