English

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miracle

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I have been reading this forum for more than three years but this is the first time I have ever posted. I think you guys are great people and give fantastic advices for any one who has problems.
I hope that you guys could give great advices:
I have bad english skills and grammatical errors. Give me advices on ways to improve my writting skills and grammatical errors. I do not have problem in communicating with people, but i sure do have problem in writing. Therefore, this only obstacles that I have that stops me from being a doctor.

Thanks,

;) ;) :)

Members don't see this ad.

is english your first language?

READ!!!

Read everything you can get your hands on. Newspapers, novels, magazines (try not to read too many check out line tabloids, those may actually set you back) history books etc.

That is the best way I can think of. If English is not your first language, this may be painful for a while, but it does work.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a great book that has been around forever called Warner's English and grammar. I had a copy of this that my grandparents had in school but it is invaluable. It has all that weird grammar stuff that you don't use all that often and I always pull it out if I'm not sure about something. MS word also has that grammar and spell check (but be aware that it is sometimes wrong) but I always run it to see what it suggests and then I can agree or leave it as I had written. If you are worried about your essays and personal statements you could use one of those essay services like Essay Edge but they are expensive. Once you are in, I think this becomes less of a issue because progress notes etc. are written cryptically by their nature. Spelling will remain important though.