vokey588

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
Status
Medical Student
For those of you who are interested in the fervent health care debates going on in politics, I'd encourage you to read some of the free articles in the New England Journal of Medicine. One such article discusses medical liability and the fact that reform of the current liability system is virtually inevitable if a broader health care bill is passed.

For all the pessimism among the medical (and pre-medical) community about a health care bill, this is a promising outlook.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]The Role of Medical Liability Reform in Federal Health Care Reform[/SIZE].

Here is a link with more NEJM articles on health policy: Health Policy in NEJM

Last edited:
May 22, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Great article :thumbup:, it's good to see something positive for the medical community. And even the pres agrees "the President himself is on record as stating that liability reform must be part of health care reform" so it may happen. Besides I'm tired of lawyers commercial: "where you given this drug or treatment...if so call this number immediately". :(

niranjan162

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2007
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Great article :thumbup:, it's good to see something positive for the medical community. And even the pres agrees "the President himself is on record as stating that liability reform must be part of health care reform" so it may happen. Besides I'm tired of lawyers commercial: "where you given this drug or treatment...if so call this number immediately". :(
Hes not gonna do anything for torte reform hes against it him and his lawyer friends make too much money from it, he acknowledges the problem but has even said he doesnt believe in malpractice caps. I believe the democrats finished their bill today and im not sure on the specifics but i dont think it said anything about torte reform.