• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Enlightening article on liability in the NEJM

vokey588

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2008
  1. Medical Student
    For those of you who are interested in the fervent health care debates going on in politics, I'd encourage you to read some of the free articles in the New England Journal of Medicine. One such article discusses medical liability and the fact that reform of the current liability system is virtually inevitable if a broader health care bill is passed.

For all the pessimism among the medical (and pre-medical) community about a health care bill, this is a promising outlook.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]The Role of Medical Liability Reform in Federal Health Care Reform[/SIZE].

Here is a link with more NEJM articles on health policy: Health Policy in NEJM

Last edited:

ToBeAnMD

10+ Year Member
    May 22, 2009
    1. Pre-Medical
      Great article :thumbup:, it's good to see something positive for the medical community. And even the pres agrees "the President himself is on record as stating that liability reform must be part of health care reform" so it may happen. Besides I'm tired of lawyers commercial: "where you given this drug or treatment...if so call this number immediately". :(

niranjan162

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jan 7, 2007
      1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
        Great article :thumbup:, it's good to see something positive for the medical community. And even the pres agrees "the President himself is on record as stating that liability reform must be part of health care reform" so it may happen. Besides I'm tired of lawyers commercial: "where you given this drug or treatment...if so call this number immediately". :(

Hes not gonna do anything for torte reform hes against it him and his lawyer friends make too much money from it, he acknowledges the problem but has even said he doesnt believe in malpractice caps. I believe the democrats finished their bill today and im not sure on the specifics but i dont think it said anything about torte reform.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.