Enough time to check answers twice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i61164

Polar Bear, MD
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you have time to go through your answers a second time on step 1? I find that the first time through an exam, I feel bad because I'm not sure about a lot of answers. The second time through I feel better about my answers. It's basically a confidence booster.

Members don't see this ad.

i61164 said:
Did you have time to go through your answers a second time on step 1? I find that the first time through an exam, I feel bad because I'm not sure about a lot of answers. The second time through I feel better about my answers. It's basically a confidence booster.

Some blocks you "might" have some time. However, some blocks are really rough and you will finish with about 2 minutes left. The best way to approach each question is to bascially give it your best shot the first time you read it. Dont just pick an answer and tell yourself you will come back to it. Make your best guess and move on. good luck

Except for 1 block I had about 10-15 min left at the end of each section. Enough time to go through some of the very strange questions you've never heard of before.

no, i don't think that's realistic or beneficial. a better plan is to SPARINGLY use the mark feature as a guide to where to spend your extra time.`

Members don't see this ad :)
THP said:
Except for 1 block I had about 10-15 min left at the end of each section. Enough time to go through some of the very strange questions you've never heard of before.

Are there that many strange questions? That's pretty scary -- I didn't think that you could miss that many questions and still do well (or even pass). :eek:

RustNeverSleeps said:
Are there that many strange questions? That's pretty scary -- I didn't think that you could miss that many questions and still do well (or even pass). :eek:

remember that there are a number of 'experimental' questions that don't count towards your score - up to 20% according to first aid. also, a 70% (which was the failing mark at my school), will probably get you a passing score on step I.

as to the original question - i agree with the poster who said to use the mark feature sparingly. i'd say i marked 5-10 questions per section and reviewed them with my extra time (usually about 10 minutes).

mlw03 said:
remember that there are a number of 'experimental' questions that don't count towards your score - up to 20% according to first aid. also, a 70% (which was the failing mark at my school), will probably get you a passing score on step I.

as to the original question - i agree with the poster who said to use the mark feature sparingly. i'd say i marked 5-10 questions per section and reviewed them with my extra time (usually about 10 minutes).

wow, for real? up to 20% of questions are experimental and don't count? :eek: that's kinda good. because i bet those would be some of the less straight-forward questions.