Enrollment deposits reimbursed by Navy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burnthestatus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My recruiter just emailed me back and said this about my $2000 enrollment fee, which is applied to my tuition charges: The Navy will be paying the full tuition directly to the school. Your school would have to refund your deposit to you if indeed the deposit is applied towards your tuition.

What were others' experience with this? Did the school actually pay back your deposits?

Members don't see this ad.

That's exactly what happened to me. My deposit was $1K. When school finally started, the school advanced me back my $1k because they knew the Navy was good for the money. But this was only after school had started in the Fall. At my school the deposit goes toward the tuition so I was covered. I assume your school would be the same.

Still waiting on my reimbursement from my school. Granted, I am currently D1 and just joined the Navy in the middle of my first year (Dec. 07). The Navy actually reimbursed me A LOT sooner than my school.