ent electives

Discussion in 'Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties' started by doc05, Apr 24, 2004.

1. doc05

doc05 2K Member
    15+ Year Member

anyone know good sites to do aways in ent? specifically, which chairs write good letters?

2. doc05

doc05 2K Member
    15+ Year Member

??????????????????????????????????

3. mary

mary Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I did aways at Mayo and U Cincinnati and matched at UT-Memphis. The quality of your letters will depend a lot on your performance on the rotation and your CV and rapport with the residents and Chair. I think you should do aways at places you are seriously considering for residency (one place I really liked asked straight out why I did not do an away there and I don't think any answer would have satisfied them). Also, most of my friends matched at places they did aways at or their home schools, with a few exceptions, myself included.
    Mayo is a great place to learn a lot and they have cheap student housing, however they don't seem to mix w/ the rest of the ENT community as much as people at some of the bigger academic centers. Just my 2 cents.
    Good luck!

4. canuckfan

canuckfan Junior Member

Hey Mary,

I sent you a private message. :)

5. TheThroat

TheThroat SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Come to Iowa. We treat you right. Actually, I have no idea if our rotators like us or not, but they usually work pretty hard. We usually get along pretty well with them. I don't know of any who don't match, and many have matched here. Anyway, you probably won't get to know Gantz very well while you're here, but he still might write a sweet lookin' letter!

Luke