1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Entering IB credit into AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by myrtillerose, Jul 22, 2011.

1. myrtillerose

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your wonderful and helpful posts :) I have a quick question about entering International Baccalaureate credit into AMCAS. A total of 9 credits were given to me by my undergrad institution and it is on my transcript. However, they did not assign an actual transcript grade to either of the three classes I got credit for. Should I also leave the grade input blank when I enter into AMCAS? I shouldn't be entering my IB exam grade, right?

Thanks for your help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HurricaneKatt

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Is there a way that you can log in on your school's site and see your transcript? I know my school lists everything and they all have a "grade." My AP classes had a grade of "S" and I believe CLEP was a "P" and my grade for an audited class was listed as "AU." I just entered those in as the grade as that is how it was listed on my transcript. I would think they would have something similar for IB classes...

4. myrtillerose

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for your response. I called AMCAS and they said that if the transcript does not have a letter, to just leave it blank.. so I guess that's what I'm doing. I don't know why my school would just leave it blank, seems silly to me.