1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Entering IB credit into AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by myrtillerose, Jul 22, 2011.

1. myrtillerose

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your wonderful and helpful posts :) I have a quick question about entering International Baccalaureate credit into AMCAS. A total of 9 credits were given to me by my undergrad institution and it is on my transcript. However, they did not assign an actual transcript grade to either of the three classes I got credit for. Should I also leave the grade input blank when I enter into AMCAS? I shouldn't be entering my IB exam grade, right?

Thanks for your help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HurricaneKatt

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Is there a way that you can log in on your school's site and see your transcript? I know my school lists everything and they all have a "grade." My AP classes had a grade of "S" and I believe CLEP was a "P" and my grade for an audited class was listed as "AU." I just entered those in as the grade as that is how it was listed on my transcript. I would think they would have something similar for IB classes...

4. myrtillerose

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for your response. I called AMCAS and they said that if the transcript does not have a letter, to just leave it blank.. so I guess that's what I'm doing. I don't know why my school would just leave it blank, seems silly to me.