Entitled/lazy colleagues...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanman

O.G.
Reaction score
This is mostly a vent thread as it is Friday and my wife will not be interested in hearing this over dinner. I have an LCSW colleague who is driving me a bit nuts this week, as she is prone to doing from time to time.

WARNING: Rant ahead:

Now a bit of background:

I see a full load of patients that are usually high acuity, help supervise 4 less experienced colleagues, and take care of some administrative duties as well. I do not directly supervise this LCSW, she belongs to a colleague of mine and has not responsibilities other than seeing psychotherapy patients. She was been struggling to see enough patients and our director asked me to sort out a patient list just for her to make it easier for her to understand. (I do all initial assessments, full cognitive/capacity assessments, and see psychotherapy patients there as well). As a courtesy, clinicians will often sent digital copies of notes to each other when we transfer a patient, so that the new clinician does not have to write the note from scratch. However, that is not always the case if it is burdensome to the clinician ( e.g. can you stop working and send me 10 notes).

Well, without notifying me that she would be there, this SW shows up this past Monday (a day I am not assigned to be there) sends me 3 texts requesting I find and send her 8 patient notes in the middle of my day, calls our director to complain that I did not get back to her within an hour, calls me and leaves me a voicemail to tell me about her texts, and finally sends an email today complaining about it again. It would have taken her less time to re-write the notes. I would understand if this was new to her, but she has been doing this for two years. My boss can't figure out why she can't see enough patients, when the truth is she is just lazy. If the patient is not in their room/ easy to find, she will not even attempt to find them on the unit or ask a staff member, just skips them. Moral of the story...I going to enjoy quitting. Rant over/

Anyone else having a frustrating week? Thank god the weekend is almost here.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

Oh yes. Let me just tell you....

Oh, welcome aboard! haha (at least you'll be making more money, i think, and have less productivity demands)

Last edited:
Lol, I'm usually very patient, but with all my security and credentialing paperwork coming through for the VA this week, I am at my limits. Money is similar, but I am going to really enjoy not being anyone's boss and being left alone rather than being called all the time. The VA is it's own crazy, but a very different kind.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a a frustrating week but I'm afraid that if I post details it could be identifiable. Let me just phrase it as this: I feel pretty screwed over right now!

I had a a frustrating week but I'm afraid that if I post details it could be identifiable. Let me just phrase it as this: I feel pretty screwed over right now!

The gubment man will always do this. George Carlin said so.

The gubment man will always do this. George Carlin said so.

Pray to the great Joe Pesci that your circumstances improve. He's the kind of guy that gets things done!

Pray to the great Joe Pesci that your circumstances improve. He's the kind of guy that gets things done!

Rectifying my Catholicism and my idol, George Carlin, is not easy.

I will, however, always fundamentally believe "They dont care about you. AT ALL. They dont give a **** about you."

Despite this, the mission is noble and the work life balance for psed0-lazy **** such as myself justifies a few years of noble, and often profitable, service.

Rectifying my Catholicism and my idol, George Carlin, is not easy.

I will, however, always fundamentally believe "They dont care about you. AT ALL. They dont give a **** about you."

Despite this, the mission is noble and the work life balance for psed0-lazy **** such as myself justifies a few years of noble, and often profitable, service.

Carlin is still the best live comedy that I have ever seen (and I have seen some heavyweights). I had the pleasure of attending a few of his live shows before he passed and I never laughed harder. He was struggling to keep it together before he died though. While there are some more famous bits, his 20 min rant on air travel always got me (the one with the safety lecture). He had a way with language.

This is mostly a vent thread as it is Friday and my wife will not be interested in hearing this over dinner. I have an LCSW colleague who is driving me a bit nuts this week, as she is prone to doing from time to time.

WARNING: Rant ahead:

Now a bit of background:

I see a full load of patients that are usually high acuity, help supervise 4 less experienced colleagues, and take care of some administrative duties as well. I do not directly supervise this LCSW, she belongs to a colleague of mine and has not responsibilities other than seeing psychotherapy patients. She was been struggling to see enough patients and our director asked me to sort out a patient list just for her to make it easier for her to understand. (I do all initial assessments, full cognitive/capacity assessments, and see psychotherapy patients there as well). As a courtesy, clinicians will often sent digital copies of notes to each other when we transfer a patient, so that the new clinician does not have to write the note from scratch. However, that is not always the case if it is burdensome to the clinician ( e.g. can you stop working and send me 10 notes).

Well, without notifying me that she would be there, this SW shows up this past Monday (a day I am not assigned to be there) sends me 3 texts requesting I find and send her 8 patient notes in the middle of my day, calls our director to complain that I did not get back to her within an hour, calls me and leaves me a voicemail to tell me about her texts, and finally sends an email today complaining about it again. It would have taken her less time to re-write the notes. I would understand if this was new to her, but she has been doing this for two years. My boss can't figure out why she can't see enough patients, when the truth is she is just lazy. If the patient is not in their room/ easy to find, she will not even attempt to find them on the unit or ask a staff member, just skips them. Moral of the story...I going to enjoy quitting. Rant over/

Sorry about your co worker. It's unfortunate that some clinicians, doctors etc have to have a sense of entitlement. I joined this forum a few days ago and I've managed to p#%* some people off. Mind you completely unintentional only posted a question and its like hell opened up its doors a spewed out a few bitter people. So i haven't felt welcomed here at all. Just completely dissappointed in the arogance I've experienced from a few. Shame because their supposed to help people but yet they can't even be civil pn a forum.

Sorry about your co worker. It's unfortunate that some clinicians, doctors etc have to have a sense of entitlement. I joined this forum a few days ago and I've managed to p#%* some people off. Mind you completely unintentional only posted a question and its like hell opened up its doors a spewed out a few bitter people. So i haven't felt welcomed here at all. Just completely dissappointed in the arogance I've experienced from a few. Shame because their supposed to help people but yet they can't even be civil pn a forum.
You disingenuously asked a question hoping that everyone would endorse the answer you already decided upon, instead of asking a genuine question. People gave you an answer you didn't like so you kept arguing about it.

Reactions: 1 user
You disingenuously asked a question hoping that everyone would endorse the answer you already decided upon, instead of asking a genuine question. People gave you an answer you didn't like so you kept arguing about it.
Maybe it's just me (I had a very nice week at work, with nice interactions with colleagues and clients), but I honestly did not get that sense from Psychmom123's post. Yes- there are a lot of "this is what I'm gonna do regardless, but what do you think" type posts. I didn't see that with her. She asked a question, commented (not argued) that she had personally encountered some people who were successful doing what commenters said NOT to do, and then refined the context of her question by providing some personal details. I've been here awhile too, and her posts seemed to follow a logical progression, with "information seeking" rather than "challenging" questions. I think some of you were quick to jump all over her. I hope she can see through some of that stuff and stick around. She's got some decisions to make, and you all could be pretty helpful to her.

Reactions: 1 users