Entrepreneur to PA

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by voiddweller, Nov 18, 2005.

1. voiddweller

voiddweller Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I currently co-own an internet marketing business that has been around for a while. Do you think my profession as an entrepreneur will help or hinder my acceptance into a good PA program?

2. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    pa programs typically want folks with 2+ yrs prior medical experience. pa is meant to be a second medical career following rn, paramedic, resp. therapist, etc.
    owning a business says you can manage people and resources and would be a good feature to an application in addition to, but not as a replacement for, medical experience.
    there are programs that accept applicants without medical experience...none of them are worth attending.......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Monika

Monika PA-C
    7+ Year Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    OP
    voiddweller

voiddweller Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hello emedpa,

I was planning on working as an EMT for at least a year before I applied. Hopefully there are a decent amount of EMT-I jobs in the Atlanta area when I am ready to work. I only plan on attending schools that require medical experience ;) Emory is my first choice.

Thanks!