Entrepreneur to PA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voiddweller

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently co-own an internet marketing business that has been around for a while. Do you think my profession as an entrepreneur will help or hinder my acceptance into a good PA program?

Members don't see this ad.

voiddweller said:
I currently co-own an internet marketing business that has been around for a while. Do you think my profession as an entrepreneur will help or hinder my acceptance into a good PA program?
pa programs typically want folks with 2+ yrs prior medical experience. pa is meant to be a second medical career following rn, paramedic, resp. therapist, etc.
owning a business says you can manage people and resources and would be a good feature to an application in addition to, but not as a replacement for, medical experience.
there are programs that accept applicants without medical experience...none of them are worth attending.......

emedpa said:
pa programs typically want folks with 2+ yrs prior medical experience. pa is meant to be a second medical career following rn, paramedic, resp. therapist, etc.
owning a business says you can manage people and resources and would be a good feature to an application in addition to, but not as a replacement for, medical experience.
there are programs that accept applicants without medical experience...none of them are worth attending.......

Hello emedpa,

I was planning on working as an EMT for at least a year before I applied. Hopefully there are a decent amount of EMT-I jobs in the Atlanta area when I am ready to work. I only plan on attending schools that require medical experience ;) Emory is my first choice.

Thanks!