Hop

Nov 6, 2012
Status
Hi all

I just wondered if anyone on here is currently working on an entry level doctorate in OT?
I am actually working on my MOT but writing a paper on the the subject above.

Just looking for actual student responses- pros/cons/ your personal view. Why you chose doctorate over masters, etc….?

Any comments welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.

bebob

Lyosan
5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2012
Status
Occupational Therapy Student
The difference is only that you have do research. In my program the content of the research can vary widely depending on your mentor. I think it's a good experience especially when for merely extra 6 months, you get a doctorate. I didn't really "choose" it. I applied to several (both MOT and OTD) and this program is closer, kinda economical, and with good reputation compared to some others.

Oct 29, 2013
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
The difference is only that you have do research. In my program the content of the research can vary widely depending on your mentor. I think it's a good experience especially when for merely extra 6 months, you get a doctorate. I didn't really "choose" it. I applied to several (both MOT and OTD) and this program is closer, kinda economical, and with good reputation compared to some others.
Bebob, which program are you in? I thought most of the other otd programs were longer than that.