Other OT-Related Information Entry-level or postprofessional master's degree for someone with a BSOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evanuris

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was so excited to find an OT community that I went ahead, made an account, and jumped right in!

I recently graduated with a Bachelor's degree in OT from outside the US, and I have also received my license to practice there. I'd like to work here in the US, so I was wondering which type of master's degree program is appropriate for me: the entry-level or the post-professional degree? I've done research and found that the post-professional one is for someone with a BSOT, but the only AOTA-accredited school offering that where I live (I live in New York) is NYU. I'll be submitting an application there, but I'd like to apply to more programs to have a higher chance. Most schools only offer the entry-level degree. I've heard the entry-level degree programs are very competitive to get into, and I'm worried because my GPA isn't that strong. Also, would entry-level programs even accept applicants with a BSOT?

Any advice or suggestions about this would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.