Entry with a misdemeanor level 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jc1997

Reaction score
This has probably been posted frequently but back in 2016 I didn't pay a speeding ticket. Long story short my license was suspended for non-payment and I got pulled over. Resulting from that I have a driving on suspended in the 3rd degree on my criminal record. Do I have any chance of getting into medical school with this on my record? I am currently ending my freshman year in college with a 3.87 gpa. It's my dream to be a pediatric surgeon but would rather look into another career now if I have no chances due to a dumb mistake I made years ago. Who I was at 18 isn't close to who I am today, sucks this could hold me back.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Concur. I bet there is even a physician or two who have found themselves in this predicament. If this happened while you were in med school, they wouldn't kick you out and if it happened after you were a doc, you wouldn't lose your license. Just explain as you did here and you'll be fine.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This has probably been posted frequently but back in 2016 I didn't pay a speeding ticket. Long story short my license was suspended for non-payment and I got pulled over. Resulting from that I have a driving on suspended in the 3rd degree on my criminal record. Do I have any chance of getting into medical school with this on my record? I am currently ending my freshman in college with a 3.87 gpa. It's my dream to be a pediatric surgeon but would rather look into another career now if I have no chances due to a dumb mistake I made years ago. Who I was at 18 isn't close to who I am today, sucks this could hold me back.
Getting into a pediatric surgery fellowship will be an order of magnitude more work than getting into medical school with your GPA and this misdemeanor. Own it and you will be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you all! You helped calm some worries. I'm excited for this journey.

Reactions: 1 user