Epidemiology to Pre-Medicine Hopeful

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
E

epi.nerd

Just thought I would introduce myself in the non-traditional student thread, and see if there are any other students here who are hoping to make the jump from a career in public health/epidemiology to medicine. I work for a governmental organization as an epidemiologist, but have realized that I cannot ignore the growing call to pursue a career in medicine any longer.

I'm in the process of crafting a DIY post-baccalaureate at a state university, and started with an evening course in chemistry this semester. Have never taken any science courses, so it's going to be a long road ahead of me.

Hope you all are having an excellent week!

Members don't see this ad.

Just thought I would introduce myself in the non-traditional student thread, and see if there are any other students here who are hoping to make the jump from a career in public health/epidemiology to medicine. I work for a governmental organization as an epidemiologist, but have realized that I cannot ignore the growing call to pursue a career in medicine any longer.

I'm in the process of crafting a DIY post-baccalaureate at a state university, and started with an evening course in chemistry this semester. Have never taken any science courses, so it's going to be a long road ahead of me.

Hope you all are having an excellent week!

Hi Epi.Nerd,

Welcome.

~Other Epi Nerd