EPPP-2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BuckeyeLove

Forensic Psychologist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have heard through a colleague that there is some talk of implementing an "EPPP-2."
The following is from a discussion he was having on another listserv.

"Below came from ASPPB 29th Midyear Meeting. The ASPPB Board is considering the use of an EPPP-2 examination to test competency throughout a licensee’s career. The original EPPP would then be used to test knowledge through the graduate program."

Was wondering if any of you had heard of this? I don't have a link for any reference, at this point it is simply hearsay, but figured I'd see if any of you had also heard rumblings of this happening.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything about it, I could see a lot of pushback though. Many of us will already have to demonstrate additional competency demonstrations through a specialty boarding process. After that, I'm not keen on needlessly giving ASPPB and ETS more money. I don't think it makes much sense during your career. I already get a performance evaluation by my peers on a yearly basis. What could this possibly add? I could only see it mildly useful in private practice, where providers are not required to be judged by peers on a regular basis.

Reactions: 1 user
Ugh, don't give them any ideas

BglcTBn.png

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From what my postdoctoral supervisor has indicated from his sources is more of a makeover of the EPPP rather than a second edition of the EPPP. Less focus on general psychology and more focus on Clinical Specializations areas of licensure in Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychology. This is an ongoing process due to rapid changes in psychology and I believe reducing the scorable questions from 200 to 175 is the initial phase and having 50 experimental questions will allow for data collection on future direction of the format of the EPPP in years to come.

Last edited: